10/17/2007

A "Pro" To Listen To

This is an exciting week to be a Jaguars fan. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get tickets to the upcoming Monday Night Football game, but I can't wait to see the Jags take on the Colts.

I've been reading all I can about the team this week. This morning I read an article on www.ultimatejaguars.com that both surprised and challenged me. I knew we had a lot of Christians on our local NFL team, but it is always nice to here them talk about it.

Rashean Mathis just went to his first pro-bowl last year. When asked about why we don't see many stories about him in the papers he answered,

Two years ago I dedicated my life to Christ so all the clubbing and all that has stopped. Other than my house, and Titus Harvest Dome Spectrum [church] there aren't too many other places you'll find me other than here in this locker room.

In a day where we here so many negatives about professional athletes it was refreshing to read this article. Mathis shares much more about his faith in the article. He is a true 'pro' in many ways in his life.

I recommend checking it out by click here.

No comments: