3/25/2007

A Great Day Of Flag Football!

Yesterday was an exciting day of flag football!

We have 16 adult teams and 16 youth teams playing in our league this season. God provided a beautiful day and all 4 of our fields had great games. Particularly exciting were the 1-3 grade games. This is the first season we have had teams that young. The adults were a bit jealous by the crowds that came out to see the kids play!

Days like yesterday cannot be done without a lot of help from volunteers. One Friday Jordan Stancil came out to help me line the fields. When I showed up to Mandarin High School for the games at 7am, I was met in the parking lot by Billy Thompson who helped unload everything and finish preparing the fields. Bob Pan and Lindsey Marks for sticking late and helping clean everything up.

With 16 youth teams we need at least 16 coaches. God has provided us with some great men to help coach.

The biggest helper at the fields was my wife. Carrie is the only volunteer who didn't play or coach. She was there before the first game and left with me after the last game. Having her there taking care of the shirts/registrations freed me up to referee and tend to other details I needed to take care of.

Thanks to all of you for helping make it an exciting and excellent day of flag football

No comments: