4/16/2007

True Passion

This weekend my ministry team visited our newest campus for the Sunday morning services. This campus is in Camden County, GA...about 1 hour from our main campus in Jacksonville.

They are currently meeting at a local recreation center. I was moved by the passion this smaller group had for starting a ministry in their community. They had been driving the 55 miles to our campus!

It was obvious from the smiles on their face they were excited about what God was doing and elated to be able to be a part of it.

It reminded me of my days pastoring a new start up church. The relationships I built with the 3 other families who consistently showed up 2 hours before the service to set everything up (we met at a local middle school) are some of the best friends I have today.

Are you passionate about what God is doing in your life and ministry? What is God doing right now that you get to be a part of?

By asking myself these questions, I realized how blessed I am to be at this church and involved in the sports ministry. I remembered again how blessed I am to have a great wife and family and friends that genuinely care for me.

Please pray for our Camden County campus. They are doing a great job. I look forward to preaching for them several times over the next couple of months.

No comments: