9/30/2007

Some Special Teens

We have some special teens at our church.

The more I spend time with them, the more impressed I am by them. Three of the teens (Lindsey Marks, Sarah Joseph, and Jordan Stancil) all came up to our Camden County Campus this morning to join us in worship. I appreciated their encouragement and so did the members of that campus.

Not only did they come up, but they want to help out however they can. They want to help with the kids and youth ministries on this smaller campus.

OK...all of that is cool, but it doesn't compare to their compassionate heart.

Two Saturdays ago, Lindsey and Jordan decided they wanted to serve our community so they went and bought bread and stuff to make sandwiches. After making about 30 lunches they went downtown Jacksonville to pass them out to those who were homeless and hungry.

That is being the hands and feet of God. It is easy to walk away or to put ideas like that in the back of your mind while getting busy with something else. Instead, they acted on the idea. They put their faith in action.

In doing so, they set an example for all other believers to follow.

To those teens: For what it is worth...I am so proud to be friends with you guys!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just when i am sitting back in my chair, patting myself on my own back for being a good guy and having great intention... you go and post something like this. thanks a lot. :)

seriously.

it's not enough to talk about it or have good intentions.

i feel inspired.

Anonymous said...

That is one of the best things I have heard in a while. I know these kids and it is great to see were there heart is. I hope myself and others and can follow there example as well as God's.
Billy Thompson

David Lawson said...

I will be praying for you, Billy, as God shows you ways you can go above and beyond...take the 'detours' in life...to serve him by serving others. You and April are great people!! I look forward to seeing what God does in your lives.