9/30/2007

Veronica's Eyes


I have not had much time to post thoughts about my Honduras trip. I am working on another video that I hope to have up by the end of this week.

Here is a picture that I cannot get away from. I have it as the backdrop on my work and personal computer. This is Veronica. She had one of the most contagious laughs. I loved taking pictures of her and then showing her. She would bend over laughing at it and then want another picture taken.

Every time I see this picture, I find myself staring into her eyes. I think it is the hope I see in them at keeps drawing me in. I met her in a village (I cannot even begin to spell it!) where we passed out clothes. We also had a craft for the kids (fruit loop necklaces).

2 comments:

Felipe Colby said...

Sorroguara, or Zorroguara depending on the road sign...is the name of that village.

David Lawson said...

Thanks Trevor! I hope you are feeling better.