6/25/2007

The Highs and Lows of Life

This morning I have great mixed feelings.

Yesterday was an incredible day. I preached at our Camden County campus again. We had 50 people show up for services which is a milestone for the young congregation. After the service we had a great time of fellowship at Giligan's Island...a local park on a lake. It was incredible to look around and see all the people God has brought to this group and to think that just a few months ago they were 8 people meeting in a house. God is Good!

This morning is a low in life. I found out that our local high school football coach died of a heart attack on Saturday night. He was only 35. J.D. Hall was a great man and a friend. He was a member of our church and played in our flag football league. He was actually the MVP for this last season. I went to the school at his invitation this year for their signing day events. Seven of his graduating players received scholarships.

One thing that stuck out to me was his passion for his players. At the beginning of each season he would bring his entire team to one of our Sunday services. He wanted them to understand there was much more to life than football.

It is amazing to me how life can go from a high to a low in an instant with just one phone call. Now I am on my way to the high school to meet with some of the players and pray with them.

Pray for this team and the community. Pray that God will use this to change people's hearts for His sake.

No comments: