6/25/2007

Leaving A Legacy

The death of JD Hall, Mandarin High School football coach, friend and member of our church, has caused me to do a lot of thinking today.

For one thing, he was 35 and died suddenly of a massive heart attack. I am 33 and could be in much better shape and live a healthier life than I do now.

What I have thought about most, however, is Coach Hall's legacy.

A co-worker came in my office today and we started talking about how we answer the tough questions people are asking. You know..ones like "Why would God take the life of someone who is doing so much good?"

Perhaps God wants to use the life and legacy of Coach Hall to inspire and challenge the rest of us who knew him.

The one thing I have heard the most is how much he cared for the players on his team. His philosophy was to develop the character of the players first and to develop the skills of the player secondly.

Have you ever thought about what your legacy will be? Are you purposefully living a life so that you leave the legacy God wants of you?

I call this blog "Purpose In Every Step" because that is how I want to live my life.

No comments: