7/18/2007

Haunted by Pink Flamingos!

So...I was standing in line for lunch today when a couple of kids came up behind me and started singing this "Pink Flamingo" chant/song/cheer/thingy.

If you were at Bible Boot Camp last month, or had kids go, you have probably heard about the 'pink flamingo' cheer. One of the cabins called themselves that and came up with the cheer. By the end of the camp everyone else was singing the cheer.

I was a bit surprised to have the kids standing behind me today singing it. They saw me come in, got up from their table, and came over and started singing it.

After going to my table, I had another boy walk up to me with his Christ's Church flag football shirt on. We talked for a few minutes about the season.

This lunch served as a reminder that we are to be authentic and real everywhere we go. You never know who is watching and what they will learn from your actions.

No comments: