7/02/2007

Never Say Never

Last Friday night I did something I said I would never do.

Carrie and I took a ball room dance lesson.

It was "Dancing With The Stiff" (for Carrie, anyway)

Actually...this is hard to say...I had fun. It was a private lesson with us and two other couples who are great friends or ours. One of the couples have dancing experience (they have won competitions together) and the other was a beginning couple like me and Carrie.

We learned the basics of the Cha Cha and the Fox Trot.

Several people have asked me if I would do it again...and I think I would. I grew up being told that dancing is bad. While I certainly agree that it can lead to improper behavior...and dress as far as that goes...what Carrie and I did was a great couples time. We learned something new together. We laughed together. We moved around a floor to music while staring into each other's eyes with smiles on our faces.

It was a great time.

So...what have you said you would never do? You may be missing out on something fun!

No comments: