7/31/2007

This One Is Tough

Last week I posted a blog about the conversation I had with Brad Meester. I asked him how we, as fans, could be praying for him and the team as they entered training camp. One of the things he said was for them to be safe and have no injuries.


That is why this morning was difficult.

I got my camera and went to the Jags training camp this morning. My number one goal was to get some nice action shots of Brad. When I arrived I just looked around for the big guys. I quickly realized they are ALL big guys!

I stuck around for about 30 minutes and never once saw Brad. I figured he had to miss the morning session for some reason. On the way back to the church I realized why.

"A breaking story from Jags training camp," the sport's radio show host said. "Brad Meester, the center for the Jags cracked the bone in his ankle in practice last night and will have surgery this Wednesday to repair it. He will be out 8-10 weeks."

How do you reconcile someone asking prayer for safety for him and his team and the, three days into camp, he breaks his ankle?

Be it praying for health and safety or any other issue, we all will go through times when what we pray for and what we get are two different things. Think about times in your life when that is the case. How did you feel? Did your trust in God waiver at all? How did you explain it to other people...both Christians and non-Christians?

Check back Wednesday for my response and a story that may make the point a little better.

No comments: